Monthly Reading Group Sessions: You're invited to participate in the Thinking Infrastructures in Global Asia: New Perspectives and Approaches JHI Working Group!
Please see this folder for reading materials. All materials will be made available at least 10 days before the reading group session convenes.
I. Colonial Labor and Energy Extraction
(October 20, Friday, 3-5 pm, Rm 14228, Robarts Library)
1. Victor Seow’s Carbon Technocracy (selected chapters);
2. Wendy Matsumura, “Empire Through the Prism of Phosphate” (forthcoming book chapter);
3. Jordan B. Kinder’s “Solar Infrastructure as Media of Resistance, or, Indigenous Solarities against Settler Colonialism”;
4. Deborah Cowen et al., “Infrastructure, Jurisdiction, Extractivism: Keywords for Decolonizing Geographies.”
II. More-than-Human Lifeworlds and Relationalities
(November 3, Friday, 3-5 pm, Rm 14228, Robarts Library)
1. Ryo Morimoto’s Nuclear Ghost (selected chapters);
2. Eleana J. Kim’s Making Peace with Nature (selected chapters);
3. David Gissen’s The Architecture of Disability (selected chapters).
III. Contested Connections and Disconnections
(December 15, Friday, 3-5 pm, Rm 14228, Robarts Library)
1. Ned Rossiter’s “Imperial Infrastructures and Asia beyond Asia: Data Centres, State Formation and the Territoriality of Logistical Media”;
2. Rahul Mukherjee’s Radiant Infrastructures (selected chapters);
3. Tung-Hui Hu’s Digital Lethargy (selected chapters).